- Do you know what NKTA accomplished in 2014? -
Here's what your membership dollars, donations & time helped NKTA get done in 2014:
- Supported $1.8 million in County grant applications to acquire land in Port Gamble.
- NKTA volunteer trail scouts crawled over logs and through salmonberry jungles to help County Public Works find a feasible trail connection from Kingston to the Port Gamble trails.
- NKTA trail planning helped secure the grants for the new Port Gamble shoreline park. Plus NKTA donated funds, organized the press tour and helped stage and clean up after the party!
- Amazing progress on the Sound to Olympics Trail on Bainbridge--$3.5 million in grants secured and construction to start this year!
- Kitsap is now the home of the first National Water Trail in Washington state.
- New local community trails @ Kingston Village Green and Poulsbo's Raab Park.
- Learn more about our work last year, and help us get even more done in 2015.